Dive 2 Five Scale – this is a scale of how “dive-y” or “five star-like” a restaurant is. This is not about the food. It’s about the location, the interior, the atmosphere, and the clientele. Just because something might be “dive-y” doesn’t mean it can’t have amazing food! The grading scale is as follows:
- Total Dive – You might be afraid this place is not structurally sound. You may avoid trying to use the restroom at this establishment at all costs. If you walk in wearing a suit and a tie, the music will likely stop and everyone will look at you funny.
- Slight Dive – Probably not the place you take someone on a first date. It’s likely a local bar with some sketchy characters that hang out there every weekend (or day).
- Middle of the road – Your average run-of-the-mill restaurant. It may have slight hints of being a dive or being upscale, but ends up being “delightfully average”.
- Slight Five Star – You may need reservations for this establishment. Time to leave the bib overalls at home. Has an upscale vibe and the menu.
- Five Star – Reservations required and you can use the valet. You may not be able to read the menu. A sommelier may help make or break your evening (and / or bank). You may leave hungry from the food portion size.
Quick Bite - I take pictures of food when I go out all the time. These will be either mini-blogs focused on a specific item or a general food topic that comes up out of the blue.